Here is a quick rundown of Waconia Writers’ Group meetings this week:
Tonight (Wednesday, 10/3), 7:00pm
WWG Write-In at Mocha Monkey
- This one is casual… come if/when you can, stay as long as you want, or until they close the doors on us at 9!
- We tend to meet upstairs, where it’s generally quieter and there’s more table space. Look for me/Jen, I’ll be there at 7.
- Bring any writing projects you want to work on.
- Mostly we write, but there can be optional discussion/critique as well if requested (we’ve done mini-critiques at these before and it’s been pretty valuable!).
Saturday, 10/6, 10:30am
WWG Meeting at Waconia Library (Activity Room)
- Writing prompt for this meeting is: Write an obituary or an epitaph. It can be yours. It can be for a fictional person. It can be contemporary, Victorian, or from any time period. But the goal is to write about how a person is remembered – and immortalized in words – after they pass on.
- Or you can share any of the last few meeting’s prompts, if you like! Here’s the link to the website Prompts page: https://waconiawriters.wordpress.com/past-prompts/
See some of you tonight! And on Saturday! Enjoy the rest of your week, and find those words!